The Information We Collect
- Personal information is collected from you directly, from applications or forms, from your transactions with us, and from a third party consumer reporting agency.
- Any third parties who perform services for us are required to protect any customer information and may only use that information for the services provided.
- We do not collect any personal information from you when visiting our website or online services unless you provide it to us.
- We will not sell your information to third parties.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information.
- We protect information from current, former, and potential policyholders.
The following non-public information is collected during the quoting, application, or claims handling processes:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s license number
Your email address will be used to send you information that will help you understand and manage risks. To unsubscribe from our mailing list, simply click the “unsubscribe” button on any Indiana Farmers newsletter you receive.
Information may be collected about your transactions, such as your payment history, coverage, vehicle changes, and claims.
Third party information
We may receive information from consumer reporting agencies. Information provided includes: motor vehicle reports, claims reports, and/or credit information where permitted by law.
Personal information access and corrections
If you would like to access or correct the personal information that we have collected from you, you may do so. Simply contact us at 800.477.1660 or use our online form found in the “Contact Us
” section of our website. If you wish to correct information provided by a third party, we can provide you with the applicable party’s contact information.
Discloser of Information
Information about current or former customers will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law. Information may be disclosed to consumer reporting agencies, insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud, and as required by the State and Federal Government.
Confidentiality & Security
Your information is restricted to only those employees who we have determined need it in order to provide services to you. Employees are provided with training in regards to safeguarding customer information, and are required to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Privacy or security concerns can be reported on our online form in the "Contact Us
" section or by phone at 800.477.1660.