- Immediately report accidents to the proper authorities.
- Call for medical attention, if necessary. For serious damages that result in you leaving your home or business, please contact the proper authorities immediately.
- Obey laws and cooperate with the police, but do not discuss the accident/loss with anyone else.
- Write down information from the people involved the accident/loss (names, addresses, license numbers, contact information, witness names, contact information, and other party's insurance information. Please note: in some areas police officers may restrict contact between the parties.)
- Contact utility companies where gas or power services are affected.